FUN WITH YOUR ROCK
It’s a party out there! See a rainbow, play in the sand, roll in the grass, and dance in the rain. No one is suggesting that you hike to the North Pole, or uncover a new bird species to reconnect with Mom Nature. A picnic in the park only needs a blanket and a simple hike in the neighborhood only requires sturdy shoes. Just get outside and enjoy.
There are many reasons to get outside; exercise, gardening, photography, work or maybe just the tranquility of fresh air. Any reason to get outside is a good one. Here are just a few fun and easy ways to incorporate “Mom Nature” back into your life.
- Watch Northern Lights, while holding hands with a loved one.
- Dance in the warm rain and feel the temperature changes.
- Sleep under the stars and pick our as many constellations as you can.
- See an outdoor concert, sit on the grass.
- Have a “wild strawberries and champagne” picnic on the grass.
- Go for a swim in a lake/river; how deep before the water gets cold?
- Hang up a hammock in the trees, cuddle to the sounds of the forest.
- Fee the cool surf on your face as you take a walk along an ocean pier.
- Plant a tree with the birth of your kids.
- Read a book to your kids under the shade of tree.
- Climb a tree; see the world as the birds do.
- Watch a spider build his web, which threads are sticky?
- Watch small animals at work and play.
- Watch kids playing outside, aren’t baby animals cute?
- Build a quinzee (snow home), why is it warmer than the outside?
- Go to the Zoo, read about the animals.
- See how many bugs you can find under a log or in the soil.
- Try and count all the colors in a rainbow.
- Get off the highway and walk 100m into the woods.
- See how deep the nutrient rich soil goes, how does the soil change?
Good Times with Friends
- Start a street hockey league in your neighborhood.
- Start a snowball fight.
- Invite your neighbors to a pick up game of baseball in the park.
- Make a snow angel; try not to show feet marks, compare styles.
- Play Frisbee in the park on your lunch hour.
- Organize a clean up party for the clean up of a local park, meet all your neighbors.
- Take a dog to the off leash park, try and name the dog breeds.
- Hug your pets.
- Have a nap in the grass, make a leaf pillow.
- Have a tree in a small local forest, visit that tree in each season.
- Listen for the song of birds.
- Plan your breakfast with the sunrise, dinner with the sunset.
- Collect the great smelling natural ingredients for your own potpourri.